Battery Design Information
1. Coin Cells
The coin cell is perhaps the simplest and most widely used test vehicle for battery materials.
1. H. Zheng, G. Liu, S. Crawford, V. Battaglia, “Fabrication Procedure for Lithium-ion Rechargeable Coin Cells”, BATT (2010)
2. B. Long, S. Rinaldo, K. Gallagher, D. Dees, S. Trask, B. Polzin, A Jansen, D. Abraham, I. Bloom, J. Bareno, J. Croy, “Enabling High-Energy, High-Voltage Lithium-Ion Cells: Standardization of Coin-Cell Assembly, Electrochemical Testing, and Evaluation of Full Cells” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 163 (14) A2999-A3009 (2016).
3. G. Zhou, Q. Wang, S. Wang, S. Ling, J. Zheng, X. Yu, H. Li, “A facile electrode preparation method for accurate electrochemical measurements of double-side-coated electrode from commercial Li-ion batteries”, Journal of Power Sources. 384 (2018) 172-177.
4. V. Murray, D. Hall, and J. R. Dahn, “A Guide to Full Coin Cell Making for Academic Researchers”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 166 (2) A329-A333 (2019).
1. C. Delacourt, P. L. Ridgway, V. Srinivasan, and V. Battaglia, “Measurements and Simulations of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy of a Three-Electrode Coin Cell Design for Li-Ion Cell Testing”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 161 (9) A1253-A1260 (2014).
2. J. Liu “Charge and Discharge Characterization of Lithium ion Electrode Materials Through Coin Cell Testing”, Thesis (2015), http://hdl.handle.net/1811/68620.
3. M. Rashid, A. Gupta, “Experimental assessment and model development of cycling behavior in Li-ion coin cells”, Electrochimica Acta 231 (2017) 171-184.
4. H. Giel, D. Henriques, G. Bourne, T. Markus, “Investigation of the heat generation of a commercial 2032 (LiCoO2) coin cell with a novel differential scanning battery calorimeter”, Journal of Power Sources 390 (2018) 116–126.
5. Y. Zhang, K.S. Ravi Chandran, H. Z. Bilheux, “Imaging of the Li spatial distribution within V2O5 cathode in a coin cell by neutron computed tomography”, Journal of Power Sources 376 (2018) 125–130.
6. C. Liang, L. Jiang, S. Ye, J. Sun, and Q. Wang, “Comprehensive Analysis on Dynamic Heat Generation of LiNi1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 Coin Cell under Overcharge”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 166 (14) A3369-A3376 (2019).